Replies

Cisco ACI Netflow & Solarwinds - Need help from beginning

Nilay Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco ACI Netflow & Solarwinds - Need help from beginning

We are running 3.0(2n).

Model - N9K-C93180YC-EX

We are in production so before implement I just wants to clear certain areas - like any risk involve. Currently we don't have any contracts between EPG. Our setup is vlan=EPG. Recently moved from Nexus7000 to ACI

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Nilay Patel,

If I understand correctly, you are asking if there are any risks involved in enabling Netflow and I'm assuming SNMP for your SolarWinds implementation.

In terms of SNMP, I don't think I've participated in an ACI deployment where we did not enable SNMP. Its a bit simpler than it was in early days and there are some good posts out there to help you with that.  In addition, Solarwinds has some good features for incorporating the Fabrid information into the Solar Winds console so you are in good shape there (assuming current versions).

Configuring SNMP for ACI

As for NetFlow it looks like you have EX leafs so you are good from a hardware perspective but there are some limitations you should review.   The configuration note is pretty current and the configuration itself it not bad.

Cisco APIC and NetFlow

These are both very common things to configure and in general, pretty low risk.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Nilay Patel,

If I understand correctly, you are asking if there are any risks involved in enabling Netflow and I'm assuming SNMP for your SolarWinds implementation.

In terms of SNMP, I don't think I've participated in an ACI deployment where we did not enable SNMP. Its a bit simpler than it was in early days and there are some good posts out there to help you with that.  In addition, Solarwinds has some good features for incorporating the Fabrid information into the Solar Winds console so you are in good shape there (assuming current versions).

Configuring SNMP for ACI

As for NetFlow it looks like you have EX leafs so you are good from a hardware perspective but there are some limitations you should review.   The configuration note is pretty current and the configuration itself it not bad.

Cisco APIC and NetFlow

These are both very common things to configure and in general, pretty low risk.

I wanted to find out if you were able to get this to work with Solarwinds NTA?  I configured ACI for Netflow on the L3Out, but there is no Netflow data appearing in NTA.  I have an active TAC case and they reviewed my configuration.  They felt it should work.   I will be opening a case now with Solarwinds.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License