Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI Solution with Multiple DC

tumarha
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

Just want to discuss about how to deploy Cisco ACI and APIC solution in case of customer has multiple DCs, I am proposing this solution to my customer.

In case of I use N9K x 4 (2 Spine, 2 Leaf) + APIC x3, how do I deploy ACI+APIC on 2 DCs, my questions are

1. From my proposing solution, is it valid to deploy?

2. Do I need L2 Extension between both 2 DCs, if yes, what is the prefer technology (OTV, EoMPLS, or?)

3. Do I need 2 cluster of APIC or I can deploy only 1 cluster of APIC?

4. In case of I need 2 clusters of APIC (1 cluster per DC), how do I manage APIC, does it separate management?

5. If my customer has already use Cisco UCS Director, and if I need 2 cluster of APIC, how do I integrate 2 cluster of APIC and UCSD? (I know 1 UCSD and 1 cluster of APIC are possible but if 2 cluster of APIC, I have no idea)

Please feel free to share any advice.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Wisit

2 Replies 2

Martin Lipka
Level 1
Level 1

1. From my proposing solution, is it valid to deploy?

I would recommend o keep it simple and deploy s single fabric (2xSpine, 2xLeaf 1x cluster) per DC.

2. Do I need L2 Extension between both 2 DCs, if yes, what is the prefer technology (OTV, EoMPLS, or?)

At this stage I would recommend to connect both fabrics with in redundant fashion utilising any L2 technology and allow VLANs or VXLANs to be shared between both fabric. Soon additional options will be added to your design to simplify this design.

3. Do I need 2 cluster of APIC or I can deploy only 1 cluster of APIC?

For startres, I would go with the minimum 3xAPIC controlled = 1xAPIC cluster.

It depends what scale you need here. You are increase the amount of APICs in the customer easily in future.

4. In case of I need 2 clusters of APIC (1 cluster per DC), how do I manage APIC, does it separate management?

It all depends from your customer requirements. I would recommend to keep it separate but this might change with adding additional functionality in future. If your customer requires full diversity, always keep them separate!

5. If my customer has already use Cisco UCS Director, and if I need 2 cluster of APIC, how do I integrate 2 cluster of APIC and UCSD? (I know 1 UCSD and 1 cluster of APIC are possible but if 2 cluster of APIC, I have no idea)

I'm not sure about this. 

Dear Martin Lipka

Thank you very much for your information.

Best regards

Wisit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License