Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco APIC L3 hardware specifications

Va.8427
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

The Third-Generation APIC Controller has two 1-Gb/10-Gb Ethernet ports (RJ-45) as shown below.

what are the usages of these ports?? (Number 2)

APIC-L3.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Great question that SHOULD have been easily answered by the legend below the diagram

The legend SHOULD Read

2. Out-of-band 1-Gb/10-Gb Ethernet management ports for management of APIC OS only (cannot be used to access the CIMC management interface; APIC's only support the dedicated NIC mode in CIMC)

4. Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) port dedicated to a console (1-Gigabit Ethernet connection) connection

I have reported the error to the documentation team (using the Feedback option on the page)

I hope this helps

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tuanquangnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Those are the APIC's 2 management ports, used to connect to the APIC (GUI, CLI, API) when you configure out-of-band management.

Those are bonded in active/standby mode, hence you just need one cable to connect the APIC management port to an external management switch. Two cables if you want high availability - which I find a bit "too redundant" considering you usually already have a minimum of 3 in a cluster.

thanks for reply.
what a bout port number 4? there is another dedicated port for management.

Great question that SHOULD have been easily answered by the legend below the diagram

The legend SHOULD Read

2. Out-of-band 1-Gb/10-Gb Ethernet management ports for management of APIC OS only (cannot be used to access the CIMC management interface; APIC's only support the dedicated NIC mode in CIMC)

4. Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) port dedicated to a console (1-Gigabit Ethernet connection) connection

I have reported the error to the documentation team (using the Feedback option on the page)

I hope this helps

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License