cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco APIC "Error executing command, check logs for details"

fc00::/7
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected to a spine via Cisco ACI using SSH and notice that command executed in it will be ended with error message "Error executing command, check logs for details".

May I know why? Would it be possible to run the command directly from the SPINE itself?

At the moment, the only way to execute this command is from `vsh_lc` shell.

E.g. `show clock`

APIC# ssh user@SPINE01
SPINE01# show clock
URL: http://127.0.0.1:7777/api//class/datetimeFormat.xml?
Code: 403
Output: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><imdata totalCount="1"><error code="403" text="Need a valid webtoken cookie (named APIC-Cookie) or a signed request with signature in the cookie APIC-Request-Signature for all REST API requests"/></imdata>
Data Posted:
None
Error executing command, check logs for details
SPINE01#
SPINE01# vsh_lc
vsh_lc_ro
module-1# show clock
03:09:45.697 UTC Fri May 10 2019
module-1#
module-1# exit
SPINE01#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @fc00::/7 ,

Don't have time to test right now, but at a guess, I'd say you are getting the error because you didn't ssh to the spine as user admin, or a user with admin priviledges.

Of course, you don't have to ssh to the spine to run most commands, you can use the fabric construct on the APIC

apic1# fabric 201 show clock
----------------------------------------------------------------
 Node 201 (Spine201)
10:25:06.677034 AEST Sat May 11 2019
RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @fc00::/7 ,

Don't have time to test right now, but at a guess, I'd say you are getting the error because you didn't ssh to the spine as user admin, or a user with admin priviledges.

Of course, you don't have to ssh to the spine to run most commands, you can use the fabric construct on the APIC

apic1# fabric 201 show clock
 Node 201 (Spine201)
10:25:06.677034 AEST Sat May 11 2019
RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License