cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Claudia de Luna
Enthusiast

Clarification on L3-Outs

I'm hoping this community can help clarify my understanding of L3 Outs and when to use the same L3 Out vs separate L3 Outs.

Scenario 1:

Lets say we have border leafs in a full mesh with two upstream core switches in a Routed Interface OSPF configuration, so 2 links per leaf, and we are expecting 4 x ECMP into and out of the fabric.  So thats one L3 out construct with two node profiles and two Routed Interface entries in each.  That seems straightforward.

Now lets add a pair of Internet routers. 

Option 1:  a full mesh of links again using Route Interfaces.  Are those additional Routed Interface entries in the existing L3 Out or a new L3 Out?

Option 2:  I can only have one link between each leaf and each internet router so I want to build adjacencies across an EPG using SVIs.  Now my Physical Domain is important because I'm using an encap.  So are these additional SVIs in the existing L3 Out or a new L3 Out.

What if I want to participate in dynamic routing with the core but only want to learn the default route from the Internet routers?

I'm trying to work through the various design/decision points that would lead to separate L3 Outs for these type of functions vs one consolidated L3 Out.

Thanks in advance for any pointers and guidance!

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad