Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear fault for Bug CSCvt68314

Hi all,

I'm impacted by CSCvt68314, and need delete fault F0948 from APIC. One option for clear the fault is

You can delete the fvRsBDToProfile under the BD using the following POST using REST API. This will clear the association and fault.

https:///api/node/mo/uni/tn-t1/BD-bd1/rsBDToProfile.xml

If needed, this can be executed via postman or via CLI on the APIC. Work with TAC if you are unclear of how to POST this XML to the APIC.

I tried POST this call to my BD with Postmand without luck, and I don't want open a case for this reason (metric counts). Can someone help me to POST this Rest API called with Postman?.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Ernesto Fernandez gomez-pinto ,

[2021.08.07: Edited to correct typo in JSON payload - thanks Ernesto]

I see you have no answer to this so thought I'd take a quick look

Firstly, you have to wonder at the numbskull geeks who write those bug-reports - the person who wrote this has NO idea how to describe a process (and I've seen quite a few that are in the same vein).

So the key thing is to find what instances of the Class fvRsBDToProfile you have on your system, and the distinguished name for each.  From a command shell on the APIC the following command should tell you:

apic1# moquery -c fvRsBDToProfile | egrep "^dn\ "
dn                   : uni/tn-Tenant18/BD-App_BD/rsBDToProfile

You may see more than one entry - I created this one just to show you how to extract the distinguished name of the object you wish to delete.

If you are familiar with Postman (logging in etc) then take the dn you just found and post this (based on the dn found from the moquery) to https://IP_Address_of_APIC/api/node/mo/uni/tn-Tenant18/BD-App_BD/rsBDToProfile.json  

{
  "fvRsBDToProfile": {
     "attributes": {
       "dn": "cut_and_paste_dn_here",
       "status": "deleted"}
    }
}

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Ernesto Fernandez gomez-pinto ,

[2021.08.07: Edited to correct typo in JSON payload - thanks Ernesto]

I see you have no answer to this so thought I'd take a quick look

Firstly, you have to wonder at the numbskull geeks who write those bug-reports - the person who wrote this has NO idea how to describe a process (and I've seen quite a few that are in the same vein).

So the key thing is to find what instances of the Class fvRsBDToProfile you have on your system, and the distinguished name for each.  From a command shell on the APIC the following command should tell you:

apic1# moquery -c fvRsBDToProfile | egrep "^dn\ "
dn                   : uni/tn-Tenant18/BD-App_BD/rsBDToProfile

You may see more than one entry - I created this one just to show you how to extract the distinguished name of the object you wish to delete.

If you are familiar with Postman (logging in etc) then take the dn you just found and post this (based on the dn found from the moquery) to https://IP_Address_of_APIC/api/node/mo/uni/tn-Tenant18/BD-App_BD/rsBDToProfile.json  

{
    }
}

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi,

I have tried your solution and this work ok. I have cleared the faults without any problem. Only one clarification in the boby of call, you have a little mistake (i´m sure that is a copy and paste mistake), the class is wrong

{
  "rsBDToProfile": {
    }
}

The correct call is

{
    }
}

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License