I need your help with this detail.

I need clear all faults on the dash in APIC but only have the opciont Acknwlage

Regards

1 Reply 1

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @oscar.cuevas1,

You have a few options here and I'm assuming you want to clear faults rather than "fix" them. Let me know if I'm wrong there but if I'm not I would caution you against this course of action!  In ACI faults tell you something is wrong and its a good idea to pay attention :D!   Having said that, there are instances where the fault is know.  In many deployments we don't connect both APIC management interfaces (only one) and that is a fault but its one that was deliberate if that makes sense and we don't want it to impact the fabric health score.

It sounds like you already know about acknowledging faults. You can also make sure that acknowledged faults don't detract from your health score by setting "Ignore Acknowledged Faults" and sometimes that is appropriate like the example above.
You can also hide them and you can ignore or "squelch" them.  Again..that is a dangerous practice to get into and  you really are not using ACI to its fullest operational capability if you do that.

Here is a good link:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/faults/guide/b_APIC_Faults_Errors/b_IFC_Faults_Errors_chapter_01.html#id_116043

and a screen shot of ignoring an entire class of faults (danger! danger!)

..and depending on what version you are running you may have the ability to hide acknowledged faults right from the Dashboard

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License