Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Connect UCS Blade server to ACI not working

Hi,

I am running through an issue connecting UCS Blade server to Cisco ACI leaf switch. I have VPC from Fiber inter connect switch to leafs switch. I already have the port channel up on both end and vlan trunked

The physical blade server has an IP and the default gateway is on ACI. So, in order for the physical server to talk to gateway, it has to go to the uplink toward the leaf and hit the bridge domain.

I checked the vlan on UCS and it is set as native " I m not sure if it matter or not " but the vlan is on the trunk on ACI and UCS uplink.

I created VM domain steps and Vswitch. I also created a l3 bridge domain for the vlan and EPG and deploy the fibrer interconnect uplink to EGP

I associated the EPG with VM domian but I still can't ping the host. What am I missing here?

is what I am doing is even correct?

Thanks for your help in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Connect UCS Blade server to ACI not working

Qousai,

If you are performing a VMM integration from the ACI Leaves towards a UCS-B infrastructure, this implies that the port group (within vCenter) will tag the packet. To ensure this tagged packet makes it all the way to the leaf front panel interface with the same tag, we will want to ensue that the VLAN is trunked in UCS (on the vnic and on the fabric interconnect) and that it is NOT set to a native VLAN. Having the VLAN set to Native on some VNIC or on the FIs could potentially remove the existing tag, at which point it will take whatever is the next native VLAN on the next device in the path (usually VLAN-1 by default).

Please review this document for additional examples:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/global/SI/events/cisco_datacenter_day/pdf/UCS_and_ACI_Integration.pdf

-Gabriel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

Qousai,

If you are performing a VMM integration from the ACI Leaves towards a UCS-B infrastructure, this implies that the port group (within vCenter) will tag the packet. To ensure this tagged packet makes it all the way to the leaf front panel interface with the same tag, we will want to ensue that the VLAN is trunked in UCS (on the vnic and on the fabric interconnect) and that it is NOT set to a native VLAN. Having the VLAN set to Native on some VNIC or on the FIs could potentially remove the existing tag, at which point it will take whatever is the next native VLAN on the next device in the path (usually VLAN-1 by default).

Please review this document for additional examples:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/global/SI/events/cisco_datacenter_day/pdf/UCS_and_ACI_Integration.pdf

-Gabriel

View solution in original post

Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply !!! I suspect this issue and I noticed it but I never configured UCS. I was able to spot the problem that the vlan is not on the right template but I was not sure. Also, thanks for native vlan information. This was great
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here