cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dead Spine links to IPN after update to 4.2(1i)

smolit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,
we are running a multipod ACI Fabric with 3 DC sites.
The two main DC sites with a full featured ACI Pod and one site as a quorum site with a N9K-C9364C as Spine which is connected to the two IPN-Switches via 10G ER SFP+. After the update from firmware version 3.2 to 4.2(1i) and N9k version 13.2.7(f) to 14.2(1i), these two 10G Ports on the Spine (65/66) won't compe up anymore.
We changed the SFPs checked the cable, even this doesn't really make sense becuase there wasn't anything changed except the software. I also plugged a loop between these two ports without success.
Bevore I open a case at TAC I ask you, community, if anybody has also this phenomen.

I am new to ACI and I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Sebastian

1 Reply 1

udo.konstantin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @smolit,

I also setup an ACI fabric with three different pods. We are upgrading from 3.2 to 4.2..There was no impact nore any influence regarding the IPN Switches. One mistake we had was wrong cabling.;-) This was because a separate company wired the switches.

Did you check the interfaces if the transceiver be recognized? 

Regards

Udo 

@smolit wrote:

Hi Community,
we are running a multipod ACI Fabric with 3 DC sites.
The two main DC sites with a full featured ACI Pod and one site as a quorum site with a N9K-C9364C as Spine which is connected to the two IPN-Switches via 10G ER SFP+. After the update from firmware version 3.2 to 4.2(1i) and N9k version 13.2.7(f) to 14.2(1i), these two 10G Ports on the Spine (65/66) won't compe up anymore.
We changed the SFPs checked the cable, even this doesn't really make sense becuase there wasn't anything changed except the software. I also plugged a loop between these two ports without success.
Bevore I open a case at TAC I ask you, community, if anybody has also this phenomen.

I am new to ACI and I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License