Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete EPG static binding using xml

Dear all, I am able to do Static EPG binding in PC, VPC, Interface using the below xml file and by POST option in GUI.

How to delete multiple static EPG binding using the xml POST method using GUI

Here is the XML file i got using "save" option in GUI

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><imdata totalCount="1"><fvAp annotation="" descr="" dn="uni/tn-HOUSTON/ap-APP_PROFILE_PROD" name="APP_PROFILE_PROD" nameAlias="" ownerKey="" ownerTag="" prio="unspecified"><fvAEPg annotation="" descr="" exceptionTag="" floodOnEncap="disabled" fwdCtrl="" isAttrBasedEPg="no" matchT="AtleastOne" name="EPG_VLAN3092_PROD" nameAlias="" pcEnfPref="unenforced" prefGrMemb="exclude" prio="unspecified"><fvRsSecInherited annotation="" tDn="uni/tn-HOUSTON/ap-AP_NONPROD/epg-_TEMPLATE-PROD"/>

<fvRsPathAtt annotation="" descr="" encap="vlan-3092" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="regular" primaryEncap="unknown" tDn="topology/pod-1/protpaths-3471-3481/pathep-[VPC-TO-VMWARE-ESX125]"/>

<fvRsPathAtt annotation="" descr="" encap="vlan-3092" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="regular" primaryEncap="unknown" tDn="topology/pod-1/protpaths-3471-3481/pathep-[VPC-TO-VMWARE-ESX121]"/>

<fvRsPathAtt annotation="" descr="" encap="vlan-3092" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="regular" primaryEncap="unknown" tDn="topology/pod-1/protpaths-3471-3481/pathep-[VPC-TO-VMWARE-ESX119]"/>

Thanks, Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aleccham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kumar,

You need to add status="deleted"

See an example below.

<fvTenant descr="" dn="uni/tn-PVGAS" name="PVGAS" ownerKey="" ownerTag="">
<fvAp descr="" name="PVGAS" ownerKey="" ownerTag="" prio="unspecified">
<fvAEPg descr="" matchT="AtleastOne" name="AdministratorZone" prio="unspecified">
<fvRsPathAtt descr="" encap="vlan-2" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="regular" tDn="topology/pod-1/paths-104/pathep-[eth1/43]" status="deleted"/>
</fvAEPg>
<fvAEPg descr="" matchT="AtleastOne" name="APP" prio="unspecified">
<fvRsPathAtt descr="" encap="vlan-6" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="native" tDn="topology/pod-1/paths-104/pathep-[eth1/43]" status="deleted"/>
</fvAEPg>
<fvAEPg descr="" matchT="AtleastOne" name="DB" prio="unspecified">
<fvRsPathAtt descr="" encap="vlan-7" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="regular" tDn="topology/pod-1/paths-104/pathep-[eth1/43]" status="deleted"/>
</fvAEPg>
</fvAp>
</fvTenant>

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

aleccham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kumar,

You need to add status="deleted"

See an example below.

<fvTenant descr="" dn="uni/tn-PVGAS" name="PVGAS" ownerKey="" ownerTag="">
<fvAp descr="" name="PVGAS" ownerKey="" ownerTag="" prio="unspecified">
<fvAEPg descr="" matchT="AtleastOne" name="AdministratorZone" prio="unspecified">
<fvRsPathAtt descr="" encap="vlan-2" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="regular" tDn="topology/pod-1/paths-104/pathep-[eth1/43]" status="deleted"/>
</fvAEPg>
<fvAEPg descr="" matchT="AtleastOne" name="APP" prio="unspecified">
<fvRsPathAtt descr="" encap="vlan-6" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="native" tDn="topology/pod-1/paths-104/pathep-[eth1/43]" status="deleted"/>
</fvAEPg>
<fvAEPg descr="" matchT="AtleastOne" name="DB" prio="unspecified">
<fvRsPathAtt descr="" encap="vlan-7" instrImedcy="immediate" mode="regular" tDn="topology/pod-1/paths-104/pathep-[eth1/43]" status="deleted"/>
</fvAEPg>
</fvAp>
</fvTenant>

Spoiler
Hello aleccham It works. I have to accept this is a solution.Thank you.

By the way can you suggest me the xml editor for windows OS. I use notepad++ which is hard to read.

Hello aleccham It works. I have to accept this is a solution.Thank you.

By the way can you suggest me the xml editor for windows OS. I use notepad++ which is hard to read.

regards,Kumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License