cancel
Announcements
Webcast -VXLAN BGP EVPNt
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Does ACI fabric support native FC?

Nexus 93180YC-FX has the support for FCoE and Native FC and specsheet also shows it can be used as a Leaf switch. So does ACI support native FC now?

Second question, I remember there are radio buttons on APIC GUI for selecting "ethernet" or "fc" but I can not remember which page they are on...Maybe that is the option to configure native FC in APIC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Does ACI fabric support native FC?

I checked the 3.0 release notes and I don't see any support for native FC support.   You are correct the switch currently support native FC in NX-OS mode but not in ACI mode even on the latest release.

8 REPLIES 8
Cisco Employee

Hi

ACI currently only supports FCoE, it does not support FC.

ACI Release notes

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/release/notes/apic_rn_201.html

ACI 2.0(1) supports Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) traffic through direct connections between hosts and F port-enabled interfaces and direct connections between the FCF device and an NP port-enabled interface on ACI leaf switches.

Please let me know if this answers your question

Beginner

Okey, even the version 3.x doesnot have native FC support? If so, the N93xx-FX can only do native FC in no-OS mode?

Cisco Employee

I checked the 3.0 release notes and I don't see any support for native FC support.   You are correct the switch currently support native FC in NX-OS mode but not in ACI mode even on the latest release.

Cisco Employee

Regarding your second question, when you create a new BD it give you the option to select FC or Regular, this setting again is for setting the BD to use FCoE.   See attach screenshot.

Beginner

Might be issue on my phone, I cannot see the attachment but I did find that screen on apic. Thanks.
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From ACI release 4.0 there is support for Native FC (32G) on N9K-C93180YC-FX switch.

More details can be found in below link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/4-x/L2-configuration/Cisco-APIC-Layer-2-Configuration-Guide-401/Cisco-APIC-Layer-2-Configuration-Guide-401_chapter_01001.html

Regards,

Mahesh Kumar

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks! Good to know. But now the question is will ACI 4.0.x be recommended for production?

Cisco Employee

Yes ACI 4.0.x is recommended for Production. 

CreatePlease to create content
Ask the Expert French- routing protocols