cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual APIC controller active

Jitendra Siyag
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a new ACI Fabric with 3 APIC controllers and 2 spine and 2 leaf switches. Everything came up and was discovered and registered.

But after moving APIC 1 and APIC2 to the other rack, APIC1 cannot see anything on the network. and APIC 2 can see everything else but not the APIC1.

I tried to keep the APIC 2 and 3 powered off and rebooted evertyhing else but APIC1 cannot see the switches. and when i power on the APIC2 and APIC3 then they just take over the whole fabric but they cannot see APIC1.

When i check the "show lldp neighbor" on the leaf 1 where APIC1 and APIC2 are connected. it shows APIC1 as the mac address and not the name. but it shows everything else with their name properly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Williams
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like CIMC has LLDP enabled on the VIC configuration. This needs to be disabled since LLDP is done in the APIC OS. To verify and disable this use the steps below:

1. SSH into the CIMC with user 'admin'.
  2. Type scope chassis to change the scope to manage the chassis.
  3. Type show adapter to verify the PCI slot number where the VIC1225 is installed.
  4. Type scope adapter N, where N is the slot identified in Step 3 (usually it's adapter 1).
  5. Type show detail to confirm whether LLDP is enabled.
  6. Type set lldp disabled.
  7. Type commit to save the changes.
  8. Power cycle the server again
    1. type exit to return to /chassis/# scope then type power hard-reset

Jason 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jason Williams
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like CIMC has LLDP enabled on the VIC configuration. This needs to be disabled since LLDP is done in the APIC OS. To verify and disable this use the steps below:

1. SSH into the CIMC with user 'admin'.
  2. Type scope chassis to change the scope to manage the chassis.
  3. Type show adapter to verify the PCI slot number where the VIC1225 is installed.
  4. Type scope adapter N, where N is the slot identified in Step 3 (usually it's adapter 1).
  5. Type show detail to confirm whether LLDP is enabled.
  6. Type set lldp disabled.
  7. Type commit to save the changes.
  8. Power cycle the server again
    1. type exit to return to /chassis/# scope then type power hard-reset

Jason 

Thank you. it worked. but it doesn't work in GUI. I had to login via cli for this change.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License