Views
Helpful
Replies

End Point Connected to ACI VPC Leaf issue

rachmatadhie
Level 1
Level 1

dear all,

currently i have an issue with my customer endpoint that connected to 2 aci leafs using vpc. the endpoint is a virtual machine which is reside in blade server (non cisco). the hypervisor is vmware esxi and only use a vss. i have configured the aci leaf port facing down to blade server as a static vpc port for an epg  and it is using the same vlan encapsulation that the vm used/attached on vmware vss. the epg is associated with bridge domain which has associated subnet with it. the problem is when i do the ping from vm to the gateway the result is intermittent. what should i do or check to solve this issue?

thankyou,

adhie

5 Replies 5

Brandon Rumer (Cisco)
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Insure that within ACI, the port-channel load-balancing mode is set to MAC pinning

brumer,

is it under interface policies??

Its under your interface policy group.

burmer,

i already do that and still experiencing an intermittent connectivity,

Check the load-balancing type on the VMWare switch (DVS or Standard Switch) and make sure its 'Based on Originating Virtual Port.' Also make sure that the correct physical NICs are bound to the VMWare switch.

Whats the server hardware?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License