cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enhanced Endpoint Tracker Question

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

Is anyone familiar with the Enhanced Endpoint Tracker? I have been reading about it and would like to check it out but on the two live ACI environments I have tried to install it in the installation hangs and it never does install.

So not being able to use it myself yet my question is, does it immediately provide data on problem endpoints or is it something that needs to run for a while first?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We open a TAC and the fix was uninstalling the app, running the following command on an APIC.

APIC1# acidiag scheduler cleanup force

Stopped all apps
[True] APIC-01 - Disabled scheduler
[True] APIC-02 - Disabled scheduler
[True] APIC-03 - Disabled scheduler
[True] APIC-01 - Cleaned up scheduler (forced)
[True] APIC-02 - Cleaned up scheduler (forced)
[True] APIC-03 - Cleaned up scheduler (forced)

APIC1#
APIC1# acidiag scheduler enable
Enabling scheduler:
[True] APIC-01 - Enabled scheduler
[True] APIC-02 - Enabled scheduler
[True] APIC-03 - Enabled scheduler

APIC1#

then the App installed and enabled ok.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which ACI version you have in your fabric, and which EET app you try to install?

Sergiu

ACI 4.2(4k), EET 2.1

I'm trying it again, I got past installing this time (it used to hang right there and then just disappear) and was able to click enable. Now it's sitting at enabling...

Been about an hour and a half now sitting at enabling. Not sure if that's normal, I'm guessing not.

As of this morning it is still sitting at enabling and I see these errors in syslog:

09-24-2020          12:37:04               Local7.Error        10.128.253.11     Sep 24 12:37:04.823 UTC-0500 APIC-01 %LOG_LOCAL7-3-SYSTEM_MSG [F3254][soaking][run-time-failure][minor][pluginContr/plugin-Cisco_EnhancedEndpointTracker/fault-F3254] Application EnhancedEndpointTracker is not healthy. Info: Kron job for Cisco_EnhancedEndpointTracker not found

09-24-2020          12:37:04               Local7.Error        10.128.253.11     Sep 24 12:37:04.816 UTC-0500 APIC-01 %LOG_LOCAL7-3-SYSTEM_MSG [F2650][raised_clearing][failed-to-start][minor][pluginContr/plugin-Cisco_EnhancedEndpointTracker/fault-F2650] Application EnhancedEndpointTracker failed to start. Info: Failed to post the main job-spec. HTTP-ERROR internal service error500, RC 0

Somebody really doesn't want me to use EET.

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Strange. I just installed the app without issues.

It could be possible that you do not have enough space on your APICs?

Best approach would be to sent an email to: aciappcenter-support@external.cisco.com and attach the error messages and print screens with the errors and current state.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Any news on this? I face the same issue with ACI version 5.0.1 and EET 2.1

YanL
Level 1
Level 1

We are running into the same issue with trying to enable ExternalSwitchApp v1.2 on 4.2(4k) on one of our fabrics. It installed fine on other fabrics running the same code version so it's an issue with the APIC cluster, I tried rebooting all 3 nodes but it did not fix the problem. 

error: Failed to post the main job-spec. HTTP-ERROR internal service error500, RC 0

We open a TAC and the fix was uninstalling the app, running the following command on an APIC.

APIC1# acidiag scheduler cleanup force

Stopped all apps
[True] APIC-01 - Disabled scheduler
[True] APIC-02 - Disabled scheduler
[True] APIC-03 - Disabled scheduler
[True] APIC-01 - Cleaned up scheduler (forced)
[True] APIC-02 - Cleaned up scheduler (forced)
[True] APIC-03 - Cleaned up scheduler (forced)

APIC1#
APIC1# acidiag scheduler enable
Enabling scheduler:
[True] APIC-01 - Enabled scheduler
[True] APIC-02 - Enabled scheduler
[True] APIC-03 - Enabled scheduler

APIC1#

then the App installed and enabled ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License