Helpful
Replies

Fault F067: path-is-out-of-service: Port is blacklisted by the user

udo.konstantin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

on our ACI fabric we noticed the following error message: 

"descr": Fault delegate: Configuration failed for node 222 due to Path Out of Service, debug message: path-is-out-of-service: Port is blacklisted by the user;"

"changeSet": "configQual:path-is-out-of-service, configSt:failed-to-apply, debugMessage:path-is-out-of-service: Port is blacklisted by the user;, temporaryError:no",

The affected object is one EPG which is associated with a physical and a VMM domain. This results in "Dynamic EPG Member" under Application EPGs - <EPG> - EPG Members - Dynamic EPG Members. 

Also there are static ports mapped with a specific Port Encap (used from the physical VLAN Pool). 

The Version is 4.1. 

Maybe someone has an idea what could be the cause of the error. 

Udo 

2 Replies 2

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @udo.konstantin,

It may be that an interface assigned in that EPG is Blacklisted (similar to shutdown configuration).

Go in Fabric > Inventory > Pod x > Node 222 > Interfaces > Physical Interfaces, and in the list of interfaces check if one has the status Blacklisted. In that case, right click it and "Enable".

Remi Astruc

Hi Remi,

thank you! This seems to be interesting. I will check it tomorrow. Because on sunday I didn't have access to our customer ACI fabric. The reason why the port is declared as blacklisted was simply changing the Deployment from "On Demand" to "Immediate" and the Resolution from immediate to "Pre-provisioning"

I will give a feedback tomorrow!

BR
Udo

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License