Helpful
Replies

Formula to calculate the interface utlization on Leaf and Spine

Harish Chopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am looking for 2 things -

1. Formula to calculate the interface utilization in ACI fabric on Leafs and Spines.

2. I want to generate some traffic on this fabric so that I can see the interface utilization. As of now, I see 0% utilization on all the interfaces. Is there any tool which I can use to simulate some traffic on it?

The way I tried it now is from one EP to another EP and from Leafs to spines, I have started multiple extended pings with big packet size but that doesn’t seems to produce any results as such.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Harish

1 Reply 1

Joseph Ristaino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Harish,  when doing the ping, try setting the timeout to "0" or something very low.  Also set the count high, this way the device will not wait for the ICMP reply back before sending the next ICMP request.  This should blast traffic at a reasonable rate.  Do this on a few devices at a time and you should see the rate increase.  This can be used if you don't have application traffic or an IXIA to play with.

Joey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License