cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get ACI/APIC inital configuration parameters

liguoriariel
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, I have two APICs running and now want to add third, how I can figure it out settings used at first setup (TEP Address, multicast address for BD, etc) at the momento im only able to get the infra vlan used in System / controllers or in bond0 iface. any idea? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you want to know the TEP address network login to apic and issue the command "acidiag avread" and look for the TEP address. Thats the network address for TEP and it also displays local TEP address for each appliance. 

admin@rtp_apic1:~> acidiag avread
Local appliance ID=1 ADDRESS=10.0.0.1 TEP ADDRESS=10.0.0.0/16 CHASSIS_ID=f9269682-dcaf-11e3-ad0a-5bdcd2d9fd69

If you would like to know the TEP address for leafs and spines then issue the command "acidiag fnvread" this displays TEP address for each individual switch. 

Hope this helps. 

--

Naveen

Thanks & Regards Venkata Naveen Chapa

View solution in original post

I put together this technote for your reference..

Cheers!

T.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Logging into the apic and doing a "ifconfig" you can look at the bond0.xxxx interface. You'll see the Infra VLAN and the subnet defined during initial setup.  xxxx = Infra VLAN.

Multicast range is a bit of a pain.  You can get it from a Tech Support log bundle - only way I know how to retrieve this.  It's included in a file called 'sam.config'.

Robert

Thanks Robert,

I was able to get infra vlan with the method that you mention, but TEP address network isn't there since bond0.XXX has an IP address with mask /32 (like all the other TEPs inside the fabric)

Maybe from tech support can i get this also?

KR,

AL

If you want to know the TEP address network login to apic and issue the command "acidiag avread" and look for the TEP address. Thats the network address for TEP and it also displays local TEP address for each appliance. 

admin@rtp_apic1:~> acidiag avread
Local appliance ID=1 ADDRESS=10.0.0.1 TEP ADDRESS=10.0.0.0/16 CHASSIS_ID=f9269682-dcaf-11e3-ad0a-5bdcd2d9fd69

If you would like to know the TEP address for leafs and spines then issue the command "acidiag fnvread" this displays TEP address for each individual switch. 

Hope this helps. 

--

Naveen

Thanks & Regards Venkata Naveen Chapa

Thanks!

That's what i was looking for!

KR,

AL

I put together this technote for your reference..

Cheers!

T.

Thanks Tomas, nice doc! I also marked as correct answer so everyone can see it, nice work.

AL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License