cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Have both INB and OOB for the Fabric but prefer OOB?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

I just set up the INB for an ACI Fabric for the first time...My steps are very similiar to the link below. The only difference is that I did extra steps to have the INB subnet leaked into another Tenant which has regular OSPF L3Out to external networks...I did set oob as the preferred connectivity for my fabric.

The INB subnet is 192.168.0.0/24 with .1 as the gateway configured under inb BD. The INB VLAN is 100.

Right after I finished configuration, I can not connect to either the APICs or Leaf/Spine from external by using INB addresses. I had to iping from each leaf/spine from mgmt:inb vrf to outside first and then I can connect to them using the INB addresses. But for whatever reason, this kinda trick does not work for the APICs...As matter of fact, I can not even ping the 192.168.0.1 using "ping -I bond0.100 192.168.0.1" under bash of the APIC... ifconfig shows bond0.100 interface has ip 192.168.0.64/24.

Any suggestion on troubleshooting further? BTW, I did try to use ARP Flooding and Unknown l2 flooding under inb BD but made no difference...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/workload_security/tetration-analytics/sw/config/cisco-aci-in-band-management-configuration-for-cisco-tetration.html#Cisco_Reference.dita_d86db1b0-7730-44da-beb2-e67d38852442

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Since I can not delete my own post, I will answer it myself in case anyone else ever ran into this issue (most unlikely)...

The root cause is my human error...For whatever reason, VLAN100 was configured as an EPG under another tenant...Removing VLAN100 EPG and BD from that Tenant fixed issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Since I can not delete my own post, I will answer it myself in case anyone else ever ran into this issue (most unlikely)...

The root cause is my human error...For whatever reason, VLAN100 was configured as an EPG under another tenant...Removing VLAN100 EPG and BD from that Tenant fixed issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License