cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check the send and receive buffer size configurd for interfac ?

Hi Experts , 

We have 10Gig interface which is connected to the server , We would like to know the send and receive buffer size of this interface say Eth1/47 ? Is there any command to know the buffer value ? 

16 Replies 16

Hi

Try "show hardware capacity interface"

this command does not complete after typing >> "Show hardware" 

Also in LEAF switch how do I check the next possible command ...like in Catalyst switch we use "?" after each command ..How do we use in ACI LEAF switch cli ?

tab will give you the list of subcommands available.

Which hardware are you using? This command is for  Nexus.

Nexus 93180YC-EX 

What is model of SW ?

Nexus 93180YC-EX

So you connect client to Eth and Server to Gig, and you face some drop in traffic?? you want to check the buffer ?

no . on both side we have 10Gig interface Fiber cable connecting between them .... 

from last few weeks server team is facing issue with communication drop ...backup starts between prod server in POD1 to backup server in Pod2 ... 

There were some CRC/input errors on the switch interface .After reseating the Fiber cable and sfp port on both switch and server side we are not seeing CRC errors any more .

But communication drop issue still there . 

May be server vendor might have asked to check the rcv and tranmit buffer size from switch side ..So we need to check and provide this info ....

CRC increment is indication that there is L1 issue OR MTU mismatch 
clear CRC do
ping with MTU Server size 

check the CRC if it increment then there is MTU Mismatch.

Below is the schema : Here on switch side we have MTU 9000 and on server side MTU is 1500 . Will this be a problem ?

MIMIX Rep.PNG

As i guess mtu mismatch make nexus drop frame and increase crc count.

But in my case MTU is less on server side ...So server will be sending MTU packet with 1500 bytes ? Also the communication between SERVER0-01 and SERVER-02 is within Layer-2 vrf ..

I will send to you some step to check 
cable damage 
or NIC damage in NSK or Server 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License