cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get access to CIMC configuration menu

locascio
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to know what is the best way to reset one apic to get access to CIMC configuration menu (F8).
Is correct to reload the APIC from system>controllers? I've seen that this reloads the APIC controller (not the entire APIC system), but I don't know what this exactly means.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @locascio ,

The CIMC is the out-of-band management card of the physical UCS server hosting the APIC.

You need to connect a console cable to APIC console port (not the CIMC port) and reboot the APIC (e.g. in CLI using command acidiag reboot). Check the screen with the different boot options, select F8 CIMC Configuration, and configure the IP Config of CIMC.

Once done, connect the CIMC and you can HTTPS to it and manage the "UCS" things.

Remi Astruc

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @locascio ,

The CIMC is the out-of-band management card of the physical UCS server hosting the APIC.

You need to connect a console cable to APIC console port (not the CIMC port) and reboot the APIC (e.g. in CLI using command acidiag reboot). Check the screen with the different boot options, select F8 CIMC Configuration, and configure the IP Config of CIMC.

Once done, connect the CIMC and you can HTTPS to it and manage the "UCS" things.

Remi Astruc

Hi Remi,

Thanks for the answer.
Do you know if acidiag reboot (CLI) is equivalent to reload the apic via GUI in system>controllers>reload ?

Hi,

I'd say yes.

Remi Astruc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License