ekanathdas
Level 1
Level 1

Leaf-X# ping
.aci/       controller/ etc/        logflash/   recovery/   usb/
aci/        data/       isan/       mit/        sbin/       usr/
bin/        debug/      lc/         mnt/        sys/        var/
bootflash/  dev/        lib/        proc/       tmp/        volatile/

Which option is used to ping? Is there any document I can follow ?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/nxos/cli/b_inxos_command_ref/b_inxos_command_ref_chapter_01100.html#wp1438641570

pages 37-39 of the following link as well

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/Troubleshooting_ACI/Cisco_TroubleshootingApplicationCentricInfrastructure.pdf

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Marish,

you probably wonder why all helpful votes went to Leon. Here is a hint. On community forums people expect direct help, not just pointing to the docs.

Had you posted "use iping command and have a look at those links find more details", you would have had those votes you were asking for so kindly.

Do not get me wrong, it is just how forums work, we ask for direct help and we provide direct help.

Again, no offence and thanks for the documentation links.

Cheers

Alexei.

Leon
Level 1
Level 1

The command that I use commonly is:

iping <destination_ip> -V <Tenant>:<VRF> -S <source_ip> -c <count> ( optional -i 0 for flooding ).

If you don't know which VRFs are deployed on the switch, use "show vrf" to find out

if you don't know which IPs are in which VRF, use "show ip int brief" to find out, which will also tell you the VRFs. 

Always to remember include VRF, otherwise it will use management interface for pings. If you don't specify source IP, it will randomly select an IP for you in the VRF that you specified.

iping -h will list all the options available

iping -h

usage: iping [-dDFLnqRrv] [-V vrf] [-c count] [-i wait] [-p pattern] [-s packetsize] [-t timeout] [-S source ip/interface] host

Leon

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License