cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reduce remote mac learned from ACI LEAF switchs?

AA.Ahsan
Level 1
Level 1

Mac_learned.jpgi'm facing remote mac learned issue from ACI LEAF switchs, it is day by day incresing. How i can fixed this problem? it is cross over by default percentage. Please help me, it would be greatfull for me because of , this issue i'm facing a couple of months.

Note: also disable remote EP learned from system setting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The output showing Remote MAC count of more than 1Million is probaby a bug while it has no sense.

Login on Leaf Pod1/104 and issue the following command to compare:

show endpoint | grep tunnel | wc -l

If it gives around 100-1000, you have a bug on the APIC or the GUI processing.

If it gives actually more than 1 Million, that's far beyond what the platform should support, so you may have a bug on the Leaf.

In both cases, open a TAC case...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The output showing Remote MAC count of more than 1Million is probaby a bug while it has no sense.

Login on Leaf Pod1/104 and issue the following command to compare:

show endpoint | grep tunnel | wc -l

If it gives around 100-1000, you have a bug on the APIC or the GUI processing.

If it gives actually more than 1 Million, that's far beyond what the platform should support, so you may have a bug on the Leaf.

In both cases, open a TAC case...

Hi Remi Astruc..

I have executed your mentioned command in my both switchs, after executed that command it is show 69 remote mac. Please inform me how to clear remote mac learned is it possible??? Thank for yor valuable reply.

Hello,

So the command shows 69 remote MAC while the GUI still shows millions, right?

In that case that is an abnormal discrepancy in the GUI and you should open a TAC Case.

Remote MAC learning in the Leaves is a useful mechanism to enhance the forwarding instead of mandating the Spines every time.

Clearing your 69 remote MAC is not something you should care about.

Remi Astruc

Hi...

Right,GUI still shows millions. Thanks dear

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License