Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset to factory default a standby APIC that hasn't join any fabric

nbastida90
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

When I did the initial setup, I missconfigured one of the APIC controllers (it supposed to be an active one on a x3 cluster) and put it as standby controller.

I tryed to log in on to the APIC witth no success. I also tryed a password reset procedure but It didn't work. Is there any way to reset the APIC controller to factory default in order to do the initial setup of the node again?

Hope anyone can help me.

4 Replies 4

gmonroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

nbastida90,

If you are able to log into the apic, you can issue the following CMDs to re-initialize startup script values:

> acidiag touch setup

> acidiag reboot

Since it is a standby controller, can you try logging in as 

username: rescue-user

password: password

or

password: "admin set password"

-Gabriel

Hi Gabriel, thanks for you help

I tryed to log in with the rescue-user credentials you provieded without luck. In this case the standby APIC has never join and APIC cluster o fabric.

Here is an Screen shot when I tryed to log in via GUI on mgmt interface

error standby apic.PNG

Any other idea? Have a good one.

nbastida90,

Apologies, I should have been more clear. Please try to login either via KVM Console or SSH with the following credentials:

password: *whatever password you set as the admin password in apic1*

GUI access is not allowed. Also, the above assumes that your startup parameters matched such that APIC1 can reach the standby apic (and subsequently sync the "admin" password to the "rescue-user" account).

For reference, I just tried this in my lab and was able to log in successfully.

-Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your reply. I tryed to log in using the password I typed on apic1 but it was impossible. So, I reinstalled the node by connecting via KVM Console. After 30 minutes I could finally recover the node.

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License