cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to take snapshot of ACI simulator which was installed on UCS c220M4 APIC-SIM-S2

zulfikhar_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed ACI simulator on a UCS c220 M4 server with a PID APIC-SIM-S2. Sometimes it crashes where we need to install over again. Is a way to take a snapshot when I can revert at crash times ?

Thanks

Zulfi

2 Replies 2

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @zulfikhar_a,

I didn't think you would even get that far putting a simulator even on the part number you noted!  

You can snapshot your config and pull it off however every time the simulator reboots you will need to start over with configuring the APICs and doing the fabric discovery, only then would you be in a position to upload your snapshot.

I shut down my simulator all the time and have a script that re-builds the particular design Im working on and that works pretty well..I can get the simulator back up with the config I need in 5-10 minutes once the simulated APICs are up.

@Claudia de Luna

Could you provide a hint on how to perform using a script…so that I could try out
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License