Views
Helpful
Replies

In band management access

AirBorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to access in band management EPG from an EPG on a user tanant ?

Regards

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  It's the same as any other EPG to EPG.  

Robert

On cisco documentation, for inter Tenant communication subnets have to be shared. is this apply to inband management subnet as well ? . If yes,  how to make this subnet shared ?

Regards 

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See why whitepaper here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-apic/213462-inter-vrf-communication.html
It's a little dated (from a screenshot perspective) but the theory is the same for current versions.

Robert

The document is about 2 user tenant, but mgmt tenant configuration is not exactly the same

I diden't found where and how to share inband subnet in mgmt tenany

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @AirBorn ,

Did you try a Google seatch for Cisco ACI Inband Mangement Tutorial?  If you do, you will likely come across a series of 3 articles written in 2016 - it's the first article that you want to read - Configuring In-Band Management for the APIC on Cisco ACI (Part #1-via an EPG)

However, for your case, there are a couple of variations

1. You will need to configure the scope of the contract in the mgmt tenant (inband.MgmtServices_Ct) as Global (not VRF)
  2. You will need to export the contract to your tenant
  3. When you consume the contract in your tenant, use the Consumed Contract Interface construction.
  4. In your consuming tenant, make sure the IP address of the BD your EPG uses is Shared between VRFs
  5. NOTE: you will still need to create an Application Profile and EPG in the mgmt tenant, just so you can create the subnet on that EPG that is also  Shared between VRFs 

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi Rednectar,

So if my understanding is correct

1/ On the tenant mgmt i will create another EPG, say M-EPG,  under an application profile in addition to inband management EPG (under Node Management EPGs)

2/ The mnagement IP subnet will be associated with M-EPG's BD

3/ The contract will be between user EPG (on user tenant) and M-EPG

4/All the initial configuration of the fabric will be done from OOB management port of the APICs. obviousely the subnet of those OOB ports will be different than the inband management subnet

Is all that correct ?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License