Views
Helpful
Replies

Inactiv Leaf and spine in ACI simulator software

eng.omarka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I installed the ACI simulator software in a VM ESXI 6.5 .The APIC is up and running and i find the first leaf is there to be registered. After i register the leaf to the pod, it appears as registered but in "Inactive" state. For sure the spine and the other leaf is the same. Please support

i didnt change the  default values on the Simulator.

ACI version Version: 5.1(3e)

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 12.48.26.pngScreenshot 2021-02-04 at 13.00.46.png

Thanks for help

3 Replies 3

okaenrique
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same problem

Seems like a common problem - https://community.cisco.com/t5/application-centric/apic1-registered-nodes-stays-inactive-mode/m-p/4278005#M9843

I have it working (with 3 APICs) but used 16 VCPUs and 64GB RAM - however (see link above) this does not work for everyome.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

David Rollins
Level 1
Level 1

I may have stumbled upon the solution to this. And I am not using any new hardware or software to do it. 

I am running an HP DL360G6 with 2 Intel Xeon E5540 2.53GHz Cores. 2 Sockets, 4 cores per socket. 32 GB RAM. ESXi 6.0

Even with just the APIC Simulator running by itself. I couldn't get any of the fabrics to register, let alone go Active.

I had almost given up on running it. When I thought about running iSCSI to another storage device for additional VMFS storage (for another project). This additional storage just happened to support Hardware Acceleration. I think this is what made the difference. 

Here is what I am running in addition to the physical ESXi host.

Synology NAS DS212j w/ Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s - ST2000DM006-2DM164

I also enabled Jumbo Frames on the NAS, ESXi host and switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License