Views
Helpful
Replies

Inactiv Leaf and spine in ACI simulator software

eng.omarka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I installed the ACI simulator software in a VM ESXI 6.5 .The APIC is up and running and i find the first leaf is there to be registered. After i register the leaf to the pod, it appears as registered but in "Inactive" state. For sure the spine and the other leaf is the same. Please support

i didnt change the  default values on the Simulator.

ACI version Version: 5.1(3e)

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 12.48.26.pngScreenshot 2021-02-04 at 13.00.46.png

Thanks for help

3 Replies 3

okaenrique
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same problem

Seems like a common problem - https://community.cisco.com/t5/application-centric/apic1-registered-nodes-stays-inactive-mode/m-p/4278005#M9843

I have it working (with 3 APICs) but used 16 VCPUs and 64GB RAM - however (see link above) this does not work for everyome.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

David Rollins
Level 1
Level 1

I may have stumbled upon the solution to this. And I am not using any new hardware or software to do it. 

I am running an HP DL360G6 with 2 Intel Xeon E5540 2.53GHz Cores. 2 Sockets, 4 cores per socket. 32 GB RAM. ESXi 6.0

Even with just the APIC Simulator running by itself. I couldn't get any of the fabrics to register, let alone go Active.

I had almost given up on running it. When I thought about running iSCSI to another storage device for additional VMFS storage (for another project). This additional storage just happened to support Hardware Acceleration. I think this is what made the difference. 

Here is what I am running in addition to the physical ESXi host.

Synology NAS DS212j w/ Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s - ST2000DM006-2DM164

I also enabled Jumbo Frames on the NAS, ESXi host and switch.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License