Views
Helpful
Replies

Inband Management in Multipod environment

Nik Noltenius
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello everyone,

we configured inband management in a Multipod environment. Unfortunately only Pod-local access is working. We can ping back and forth within every Pod but it doesn't seem possible to cross the IPN.

I would have thought the inb Bridge Domain is VXLAN tunneled like every other customer created BD but maybe I'm missing something here.

Does anyone have this scenario up and running, so that I at least know that it is possible?

Thank you and kind regards,
Nik

4 Replies 4

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Nik

It definitely is possible. Sounds to me like an IPN-config issue.

From where do you source your inter-pod ping-tests?

Marcel 

Thank you Marcel, that is good to know.
We ping from the APICs. For the moment we don't have any external connection in the inband management so we only have the fabric devices to test with.

Setup of the inband management was based on this article: https://rednectar.net/2016/12/22/configuring-in-band-management-for-the-apic-on-cisco-aci-part-1-via-an-epg/

I assume there is nothing special if the environment contains several pods or is there?

Your ping may be sourced from the wrong interface, you must select the inband mgmt ip of the apic as the source. Don‘t know the option out of my mind...-i? Ping —help or man ping will tell you.

hth 

It's ping -I <SRC-Interface or IP>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License