cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing ACI simulator 4.26d on VM

IslamOmar
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm trying to install the ACI simuattor with the release 4.26d which i believe doesn't need a token key .

I have downloaded the 4 OVA files and complied them to one file --- size around 20G .

Resources have been assigned properly to the VM ( CPU / memory and Hard disk )  and vSwitch promiscuous allow policy applied . when uploading the OVA to the ESXi .

yet when i powered on the VM machine , it stuck in black screen but nothing else .

also i get this error " VMware Tools is not installed in this virtual machine. VMware Tools allows detailed guest information to be displayed as well as allowing you to perform operations on the guest OS, e.g. graceful shutdown, reboot, etc. You should install VMware Tools."

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VMware tools warning you can ignore.  That's expected.  The Sim doesn't support VMware tools installation.   As for the booting issue, how did you concatenate the files exactly?  Usually if the system wont boot, that's typically the issue.  vSphere 5.5 should be fine as the Sim for that version should be VM version 9 (if memory serves me correctly) which supports vSphere 5.1 onward.

Robert

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Esxi Version 5.5 

Resources have been assigned as suggested in the table 

vCPU : 12

Memory : 32

Hard Disk : 100

Not sure if that works Esxi (5.5) - i have not tried below Esxi 6.5 or 6.X

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VMware tools warning you can ignore.  That's expected.  The Sim doesn't support VMware tools installation.   As for the booting issue, how did you concatenate the files exactly?  Usually if the system wont boot, that's typically the issue.  vSphere 5.5 should be fine as the Sim for that version should be VM version 9 (if memory serves me correctly) which supports vSphere 5.1 onward.

Robert

type acisim-4.2-4i_part1.ova acisim-4.2-4i_part2.ova acisim-4.2-4i_part3.ova acisim-4.2-4i_part4.ova acisim-4.2-4i_part5.ova acisim.ova

Camilo Jaraba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have downloaded the VM and it works fine I would suggest to:

1. verify OVA Parts file integrity for each using MD5 or SHA1 and compare those from download page.

2. use linux cat command to concatenate all files into a single one as follows:

cat file1 file2 file3 file4 > final.ova

you can use Windows subsystem linux and install some linux distro base system to accomplish this in a native way.

3. deploy as normal on vmware workstation

4. no worries about vmtools alarms it is just normal.

5. attached is my vmware workstation config for your reference

Regards!

CJ

IslamOmar
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks All , after rechecking the size of OVA parts it turns out that i didn't complete the full download size of OVA 3 and 4 and therefore it didn't work . and yes @Robert Burns it works on ESXi 5.5 . thanks Alot !

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License