Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter VRF route leaking. Configuring subnet in EPG vs subnet in BD

Dear All,

i want to configure route leaking between two different VRF in different Tenant. i am aware the process but bit confused while configure subnet in provider side EPG. the subnet which i want to configure in EPG (Gateway IP/24) is also already configured in my BD. The question here is can I configure same subnet with same gateway in BD and EPG under same tenant?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It should be the same GW SVI IP.

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, its fine to configure the subnet in both places.  The reason the subnet needs to be defined specifically under the EPG is so the fabric can determine which sclassIDs (EPGs) within the providers subnet should be leaked into the consumer's VRF.   Keep in mind in a network Centric design, there could be multiple EPGs assigned to the same BD subnet, and we're not trying to give access to every EPG using the Providers BD subnet, just a subset of EPGs that may be using it. 

Robert

Thanks Robert for update, just one more thing, will the IP address configured as an default gateway in both EPG as well in BD matters here?

It should be the same GW SVI IP.

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License