Views
Helpful
Replies

Intersite routing for backup L3Out of site by L3Outs of other Sites - Cisco ACI

goranje
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I need to configure L3out on site 2 as backup L3out for hosts in site 1 (and vice versa).

Do some one have experience with this?

I am in lack of documentation for configuration and details how it works.  

What is happening with routing tables in case when we have similar route (maybe default route) pointing to two L3out on two site, of course we need contracts for both L3outs? How can it be manipulate witch one L3out to be primary/backup?

I am using versions APIC 4.2(3q) and MSO 2.2(4e).

Best regards,

Goran

Best Regards,

Goran 

2 Replies 2

joezersk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Goran.  In ACI 4.2(1) we added a feature called "Intersite L3Out" for Multi-Site deployments.  This will solve your design requirement.  Max Ardica and I have just finished up recording a series of videos on configuring Multi-Site.  We did one that includes this topic.  Max's lecture on it is here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3uXv8Pf2GM

My companion video where I show how to actually configure it does not yet seem to be posted.  It will be soon, I am sure. 

The short summary is that in MSO, in the Infra config for your sites, you need to add a Routable TEP Pool under the Pod level settings.  Don't forget to associate the L3out to the BDs in both sites and that you have contracts in place too.

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 16.46.14.png

Hi Jo,

thanks on the answer, i  watched Max's video yesterday,  it was helpful.

I hope you video will be posted soon.

Best regards,

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License