cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intra VRF Route Leaking

jowett_chris
Level 1
Level 1

I need to route leak between VRFs in the same tenant, i know how to do it for Inter Tenant but i cannot get it working when inside the same tenant with two different VRFs using different BD.

any ideas

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Correiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Chris,

Route leaking between VRFs in the same tenant turns out to be very similar to route leaking between VRFs in different tenants.

Here's an example for route leaking between 2 VRFs in the same tenant:

Example Topology:

EPG-1 in BD-1 in VRF-1

EPG-2 in BD-2 in VRF-2

Contract-1 is defined as a global contract.

- Pick one EPG to be the Provider and the other EPG to be the Consumer, for this example EPG-1 will be the provider and EPG-2 will be the consumer.

- Define the provider subnet as shared under EPG-1. (Provider side = subnet defined under EPG)

- Define the consumer subnet as shared under BD-2. (Consumer side = subnet defined under BD)

- Export Contract-1 to the SAME tenant.

- EPG-1 will provide Contract-1

- EPG-2 will consumer Contract-1 as a contract interface.

You can verify the routes are leaked between VRFs on the CLI of the necessary leafs, with the following command:

leaf# show ip route vrf <Tenant:Context>

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Correiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Chris,

Route leaking between VRFs in the same tenant turns out to be very similar to route leaking between VRFs in different tenants.

Here's an example for route leaking between 2 VRFs in the same tenant:

Example Topology:

EPG-1 in BD-1 in VRF-1

EPG-2 in BD-2 in VRF-2

Contract-1 is defined as a global contract.

- Pick one EPG to be the Provider and the other EPG to be the Consumer, for this example EPG-1 will be the provider and EPG-2 will be the consumer.

- Define the provider subnet as shared under EPG-1. (Provider side = subnet defined under EPG)

- Define the consumer subnet as shared under BD-2. (Consumer side = subnet defined under BD)

- Export Contract-1 to the SAME tenant.

- EPG-1 will provide Contract-1

- EPG-2 will consumer Contract-1 as a contract interface.

You can verify the routes are leaked between VRFs on the CLI of the necessary leafs, with the following command:

leaf# show ip route vrf <Tenant:Context>

Hope this helps.

awesome, thats what i did do, perhaps my config is wrong. let me try it again.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License