Views
Helpful
Replies

IPN devices managing design

Steev112
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running multipod between two sites using N7K, using two VDCs first for campus and second for IPN, i have configured L3out from BL to campus-VDC my question is if the user want to access the IPN device via SSH,since there is no communication between MPOD-L3out in infra tenant and campus L3out, how can i achieve it?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have attached example Management option for your reference.

Make Sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you made vDC, That means they are 2 Physical Switches, Do you have any physical connectivity between them ?

BB

Hi Bandi,

no there is no connectivity between the two VDCs?

Thanks

Basic requirement for any device to device reach-ability, you need to have physical connection between the devices, So you need 2 vDC to have connectivity to access and manage them as a management VLAN or Out of Band Management Switch.

BB

Hi,

I agree with you since this is IPN device is there another option instead of to have links between the VDCs?

another question when i connect the links between the VDC do i need to configure new loopback or managment vlan on IPN-VDC, and configure another ospf process id for management ip address?

Thanks

Best Practice always connect to out of band management  switch, where Admins can only  able to Manage.

BB

Hi Bandi,

I agree with you but as i know on VDC there is no management interface available, the mgmt interface only on admin vdc. how can achieve it here?

Thanks 

I have attached example Management option for your reference.

Make Sense ?

BB

Hi Bandi,
Thanks a lot for your assistant.
Thanks

Glad that it helped you.

please rate the solution.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License