Views
Helpful
Replies

Leaf in discovering status

DGarciab32
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need your help please. I have a new ACI equipment. I can see my two directly connected leaf in APIC graphic interface, but when I set the id (101) the leaf status is eternaly stuck in "Discovering". I had been researching, but I couldn't find the reason.

My other problem is that I have 2 more APIC directly connected to leafs, but I got a message that says what I have not enough active controllers in cluster.

I appreciate your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, when you're discovering your fabric you should never see "two directly connected leafs" if nothing has yet to be discovered successfully.   The discovery process will always start with seeing one Leaf (connected to APIC1's active fabric connection, then once discovered, all spines, then once a spine is discovered, all remaining leafs, then remaining APICs.

Can you give us a topology of exactly what's connected to what.

Switch discovery issues are typically caused by:

• Date/Time Drift
  • Invalid Cert
  • Existing Stale Config (not properly erased prior to re-discovery)
  • Physical Cabling error

Robert

View solution in original post

Ali Aghababaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  DGarciab32,

It could be due to CSCvu62127 bug. If you find F3031 - Node Certificate is invalid: Failed to parse the subject line on new APIC-SERVER-L3 and M3 Fault, you just need contact TAC to install a new certificate containing the matching subject format.

Also please check time in APIC Server and Leaf Switches. There should be no difference of more than 5 minutes.

The other APIC' will join to cluster(if you configured them correctly) automatically when you solve the problem.

I hope you find it helpful,

Thanks,

Ali

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, when you're discovering your fabric you should never see "two directly connected leafs" if nothing has yet to be discovered successfully.   The discovery process will always start with seeing one Leaf (connected to APIC1's active fabric connection, then once discovered, all spines, then once a spine is discovered, all remaining leafs, then remaining APICs.

Can you give us a topology of exactly what's connected to what.

Switch discovery issues are typically caused by:

• Date/Time Drift
  • Invalid Cert
  • Existing Stale Config (not properly erased prior to re-discovery)
  • Physical Cabling error

Robert

Thank you for your answer. as you said, I see just one leaf directly connected, but I can't register it, I will check your advice, I will connect every devices and then will reply again. Thank you again 

Ali Aghababaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  DGarciab32,

It could be due to CSCvu62127 bug. If you find F3031 - Node Certificate is invalid: Failed to parse the subject line on new APIC-SERVER-L3 and M3 Fault, you just need contact TAC to install a new certificate containing the matching subject format.

Also please check time in APIC Server and Leaf Switches. There should be no difference of more than 5 minutes.

The other APIC' will join to cluster(if you configured them correctly) automatically when you solve the problem.

I hope you find it helpful,

Thanks,

Ali

Thank you for your answer, I will check what you tell me

DGarciab32
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys, our problem was physical connections, wrong fiber and QSFP modules.!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License