cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mgmt0 cdp/lldp

jmcgill298
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble seeing where to enable cdp and lldp on the oob/mgmt0 interfaces in the fabric; can anyone help?

9 Replies 9

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't.

admin@apic1:~> show cdp neighbor
 fab1-leaf1   Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-leaf2   Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-leaf3   Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-leaf4   Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-spine1  Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-spine2  Specify Fabric Node Name
 node         Fabric node

admin@apic1:~> show lldp neighbor
 fab1-leaf1   Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-leaf2   Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-leaf3   Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-leaf4   Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-spine1  Specify Fabric Node Name
 fab1-spine2  Specify Fabric Node Name
 node         Fabric node

What type of UPLINK cards do you have in the APIC?  VIC 1225?   LLDP needs to be disabled on those and that is done via the CIMC on the APIC.  If you are seeing the fabric then you are ok.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry,

My previous comment was for APICs and for gather CDP\LLDP info from switch nodes.

For node switches, 

From the APIC GUI:

• Fabric --> Access Policies --> Interface Policies --> Policies
  • you configure policies for CDP & LLDP
  • Then assign to a Policy Group

When the interfaces are associated with a policy group the configured policies in the PG will be applied to the switch interfaces.

T.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may not be an option to configure. It appears that LLDP & CDP for mgmt 0 on the Leaf & Spine nodes is disabled by default or is not working.  I thought this was enabled by default but not working.  As far as I know it is not configurable but should be enabled by default.

Let me follow-up with the Development team to verify and if a Defect needs to be opened for this, I will create one.  I will update you tomorrow on my findings.

Thanks

T.

Thanks Thomas, I am on version 3k

I have verified that we do disable CDP & LLDP by default on the management interfaces and it is not configurable at this time.

I have filed an "enhancement" CDET Request to add this functionality. The CDET number is CSCuu17314.  You can monitor the "Release-Notes" of ACI software releases to see when this is added.  This make not happen immediately so keep looking at the release notes as new releases are posted on www.cisco.com.

So still no fix for this after 2 years? I need to map out where mgmt0 interfaces are connected.

gmonroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yan,

Looking at the enhancement that was filed 2 years ago, it appears that not much movement was made on that front.

If this is something you would like to have, please mention CSCuu17314 to your account/sales team and have them bring this feedback into Cisco to drive the enhancement forward.

Cheers,
Gabriel

and once again, 2 years later :-)... there's still no fix?

feature to enable cdp/lldp on leaf/spine feature is available now from 4.2(1i) onwards...please follow below document for configuration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/kb/b_APIC_CDP_and_LLDP_Management_Interface.html

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License