cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moquery - what does "rsp" stand for in "rsp-subtree" ?

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm honestly curious if anyone knows what "rsp" stands for in the advanced filter option rsp-subtree of moquery in ACI ?

My guess would be that it may be shorthand for "response", or perhaps it stands for "Request Scope Property" ?

0xD2A6762E
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Based on the description from ACI REST API documentation, I would say is simply short for "response".

rsp-subtree={no | children | full}

For objects returned, this option specifies whether child objects are included in the response. This list describes the available choices:

• no —(Default) Response includes no children.

• children —Response includes only the children.

• full —Response includes the entire structure including the children

Ref: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/2-x/rest_cfg/2_1_x/b_Cisco_APIC_REST_API_Configuration_Guide/b_Cisco_APIC_REST_API_Configuration_Guide_chapter_01.html

Good question though.

Sergiu

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Based on the description from ACI REST API documentation, I would say is simply short for "response".

rsp-subtree={no | children | full}

For objects returned, this option specifies whether child objects are included in the response. This list describes the available choices:

• no —(Default) Response includes no children.

• children —Response includes only the children.

• full —Response includes the entire structure including the children

Ref: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/2-x/rest_cfg/2_1_x/b_Cisco_APIC_REST_API_Configuration_Guide/b_Cisco_APIC_REST_API_Configuration_Guide_chapter_01.html

Good question though.

Sergiu

@Sergiu.Daniluk 

Thanks! I had actually also looked at that link and those descriptions is what led me to think it may stand for "Response." I like learning what those things stand for as it helps me remember the syntax a bit better. Thanks for the confirmation!

0xD2A6762E

I was going to suggest:

Reply Sergiu Please

- but you beat me to it!

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hahahahha

d.cantele1
Level 1
Level 1
RSP = Route Switch Processor
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License