Views
Helpful
Replies

MP-BGP and BGP RR in Lab Bundle with a Single Spine

petar.forai1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was wondering if there's an issue in in BGP RR functionality if only one spine is present. The BGP process is not running on the spine and of course no BGP sessions from the leafs can be observed. The docs don't say that clearly but it seems that BGP RR is only supported in a 1+ spine scenario. 

We're hitting an issue in our ACI PoC (with a lab bundle - 1 fixed spine and 2 leafs) that routes that are on leaf 1 (from OSPF) are not visible on leaf 2.

NX-OS APIC Mode 11.3f

APIC 1.1(3f)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On the left side there is a folder called Profiles, can you make sure "pod1-fabricPodPGrp" is selected in the drop down for the policy you have under that folder. If you do not then create a new one and attach the above.

Thanks,

Mike Ripley

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mikriple
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Petar,

Please verify the following:

• Under Fabric>Fabric Policies>Pod Policies>Policy Groups
    • You have the Correct BGP Route Reflector Policy set
  • Under Fabric>Fabric Policies>Pod Policies>Profiles
    • you have the Policy Group above added under Fabric Policy Group

Be sure to submit the changes for above and you should see the BGP-RR and routes advertised on the other leaf.

Thanks,

Mike Ripley

Hi Mike!

Thanks for your quick response - I've attached a screenie showing the RR policy 'default'. Maybe I'm missing something here in addition to that? 

I've checked process table on the spine and there is no BGP process (ps aux | grep bgp) running and I see no BGP sessions.

On the left side there is a folder called Profiles, can you make sure "pod1-fabricPodPGrp" is selected in the drop down for the policy you have under that folder. If you do not then create a new one and attach the above.

Thanks,

Mike Ripley

Thanks a bunch Mike!

Spot on! I totally didn't see the 'Profiles' folder there. 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License