cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSO 2.2.4e VM Installation in vCenter

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

I can't figure out how to get MSO 2.2.4e installed in vCenter following the installation guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/aci_multi-site/sw/2x/installation/Cisco-ACI-Multi-Site-Installation-Upgrade-Guide-221/Cisco-ACI-Multi-Site-Installation-Upgrade-Guide-221_chapter_010.html#id_73004 

I have tried deploying the OVA directly to vCenter (6.7, ESXi 6.7) with both the HTML 5 client and the flash web client, but when I deploy the OVA I never get the properties dialog box to supply IP addressing and other options. It boots up, but with no configuration obviously.

I have tried deploying the OVA via Python, but I ran into two problems:

1. When running the script I kept getting "Invalid MSC version esx-msc-2.2.4e" immediately after supplying vCenter password.

In step 4 (edit the msc_cfg.yml) of the document above it says: "You will also need to update <MSC_TGZ_FILE_PATH> with the path to the msc-<version>.tar.gz image file you downloaded"

That option doesn't exist in the sample cfg file. I added it but got the same error. Looking through the help section of the script I noticed an available -f parameter to supply the tar file so I tried that and it ran, but then I run into another error.

2. The script prompts me for the three node IPs (didn't I supply that in the cfg file?) and a node1 password, then immediately gives me this error:

[Errno None] Unable to connect to port 22 on <node1 ip>
Error: python3 is missing in this node.

I don't understand why it's trying to log into the node and check Python when the node hasn't been created in vCenter yet.

It feels like I'm running the python command wrong or have an incorrect msco_cfg.yml file, but as far as I can tell I'm doing it exactly as the document describes.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Remi-Astruc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @AJ Cruz ,

Are you sure using the right image file for your deployment type?

tools-msc-2.2.4e.tar.gz for Python Environment preparation and msc-2.2.4e.ova for the MSO image (not esx-msc-2.2.4e.ova).

Remi Astruc

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Remi-Astruc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @AJ Cruz ,

Are you sure using the right image file for your deployment type?

tools-msc-2.2.4e.tar.gz for Python Environment preparation and msc-2.2.4e.ova for the MSO image (not esx-msc-2.2.4e.ova).

Remi Astruc

I knew it had to be something that silly. I downloaded the ESX image.

Thanks I'll give the correct image a try.

When you installed the OVA. Have you tried the command "nmtui" on the console to open the parameters and edit the configuration settings?

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License