cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSO Password Recovery

Korth501
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason when recovering my MSO cluster with a backup file created the same day the tacacs domain got lost and i cannot log anymore. Next to that the local account isn't working either.

Is there a way to reset the password of the local account used in the GUI via CLI?

Or is there another way to reset the local account?

Username is admin.

Note. I can log in via CLI.

Thank you in advance.

Bob 

Update 12-01-2021: I found out that i was importing the wrong backup, so me stating that configuration got lost after restoring the backup was totally my own fault. Luckily this all happened in the testlab.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume this is the OVA version of MSO (rather than service engine or Nexus Dashboard. If that's the case, log into the CLI:

1. Delete admin credential:

/opt/cisco/msc/builds/<build_version>/bin/msc_delete_admin.sh

2. Restart msc_userservice:
docker service update --force --detach=false msc_userservice

This process should reset the password back to the default.

Robert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume this is the OVA version of MSO (rather than service engine or Nexus Dashboard. If that's the case, log into the CLI:

1. Delete admin credential:

/opt/cisco/msc/builds/<build_version>/bin/msc_delete_admin.sh

2. Restart msc_userservice:
docker service update --force --detach=false msc_userservice

This process should reset the password back to the default.

Robert

Thank you Robert, this was exactly what i was searching for.

Is there a link to documentation where i can find these kind of actions for MSO, maybe APIC to?

Greetings,

Bob

Hi @Korth501 

Well, I do not see the msc_delete_admin mentioned anywere, but there are quite a lot useful tips&tricks in the cisco live presentations (especially the troubleshooting ones). Here are the good ones:

operations.png

Stay safe,

Sergiu

I'll have our docs team add into the docs.  I'll update this thread once its been added with the relevant doc link - to help others in the future find this.

Regards,

Robert

kawak_zx7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

Do you have the similar solution if the MSO is installed on top of virtual ASE? I can still login to virtual ASE with the rescue-user username.

Thank you.

Regards,

Albert

@albert for the MSO on ASE password recovery you will need to contact TAC as they need root access to modify the mongoDB manually to drop the admin account & reset it.  
I'd suggest to move to Nexus Dashboard if/when possible as MSO will leverage Single Sign On features and bring much better integration to both platform and other Day2 Ops tools (Nexus Insights, NAE etc).

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License