Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple L3 out in same network(Static L3 Out)-Is it possible

faizal_vi
Level 1
Level 1

DC-DIAG.png

Hi , I am migrating a traditional network to ACI. I have a L3 (SVI) in the current Cisco core (10.200.1.0/24). The same network consists of 2 FW gateways as mentioned above in the same network. ie 10.200.1.100/24 and 10.200.1.150/24. I know we can achieve one L3 out very easily. I am confused how to integrate the second one in APIC.

Can any one please comment on this requirement.

2 Replies 2

udo.konstantin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

you can have more than one L3Out in your network. This is the same behavior as in a traditional network. 

For example you can have one L3Out where your default route points and another one where you connect to a OSPF/BGP Router for Campus networks. 

In your case I assume the link to the external traffic is done via default route and the linkt to the user segment is done with more specific routes. 

You can set this for each specific L3Out EPG. 

Udo 

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Just need more clarity on the above. My Core Switch GW is 10.200.1.1/24. When I create a Logical Interface profile in ACI for the first L3 out , I need to assign an IP address which I will assign 10.200.1.1 When I have another L3 Out in the same network , I need to create another node and i need to assign an IP to the second Logical Interface profile. Is it possible to assign the same 10.200.1.1/24 to it?

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License