Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple L3 out on same node under same vrf

Anuj Singhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am running under release 1.3(h), I need to connect two ASR on same border leaf under same vrf. I want to know if I can use one l3out for both connections or do I need to use different l3out on same leaf for different external connectivity on same node?

I am going to use BGP peering between ASR's and leaf, any specific requirement that I need to take care?

Regards,

Anuj

5 Replies 5

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anuj,

Can you provide more details, such as:

Are you trying to set iBGP or eBGP?

How are these ASRs going to be connected to the ACI.

We are going to use ibgp between fabric and asr’s. So the two asr will be connected to single node through two different port channel and then we are trying to achieve load balancing through that.

In this case you should be able to use a single l3out to connect both of your ASRs.

Thanks... can you let me know what things should i care while configuring bgp in terms of load balancing?

Does ECMP works when we have two external routers terminating on the same leaf running two different iBGP sessions with the routers in this case?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License