Views
Helpful
Replies

Native VLAN configuration in ACI 5.0

Networker0
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
I have this error on port-channel connected to switch:F1888: fltStpIfNativevlanMissing
Explanation: This fault occurs when the native vlan is not configured on the interface but it is receiving MST (802.1s) BPDUs. It could lead to layer2 topology with a loop.
Recommended Action: To recover from this fault, try the following actions
  1. Configure native vlan on the interface

I found that in ACI 802.1P encapsulation mode will configure the interface with native VLAN.

but my question is when the Po is used for SVIs (L3out) with a huawei switch and its raising this error, I should create another EPG in addition to the l3epg and bind a static path to the same Po as (select 802.1p / untagged and specify the native vlan)?
If there is a guide to configure Native vlan in ACI, i appreciate it.

Thnx
1 Reply 1

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hey!

Yes creating a new EPG to deploy it as untagged on all ports connected to the MST domain would be the way to go there.

Also make sure you tell your APIC about your MST domain
ACI does not participate in STP, however if a STP TCN is received, ACI will flush all EPs in the concerned EPG(s).

In order to not break this behavior, you need to tell the APIC which VLANs belong to which MST Instance outside your fabric.

Here is a great read on this toipic:
https://unofficialaciguide.com/2019/03/28/spanning-tree-stp-and-aci/

The article also describes to create a new EPG for this issue if you are connecting to a MST region!

Let me know what you think.

Juls

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License