Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Deployment Tool for ACI automation

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please suggest how I can get the 'Network Deployment Tool' for ACI automation to deploy EPG & Contract configurations to APIC via Ansible.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @raza555 

There is this ciscolive session: BRKACI-1619: Automating ACI with Ansible

https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library.html?search=Automating%20ACI%20with%20Ansible#/session/1564528249397001e28t

You'll find a lot of details, examples, demos in the presentation, and it's a perfect starting point if you want to make your own OAM/provisioning tool.

Cheers,

Sergiu

Hi @Sergiu.Daniluk 

Have you used the tool. 'Network Deployment Tool', I have heard that it can import the config e,g Tenant/EPG and contract from excel sheet, then validate with ACI via python, once satisfied, PUSH the config. All config Push and Validation scripts are Python.

If we can get guidance & script, I am sure, it will help many many others.

Thanks,

"Network Deployment Tool" - that's a very generic name for an application. Are you sure this is the real name of it? Can you share a link to it? Personally I never heard of it.

Thanks,

Sergiu

I have also never heard of it and if there is such a toll it can be very valuable...

I have recently used Terraform (Hashicorp) which is extremely quick to learn and get working for this purpose, the get a Fabric up and going very quick...maybe have a look. Great way to use IaC

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License