Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9K ACI Fabric - FC Support?

ericbkchng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm proposing a solution for a large government data center, and one of the clauses states a requirement for support for Unified Ports, particularly FCoE and FC.

I've done some research, and it seems that none of the N9K switches currently support Unified Ports? If that's really the case, could someone advise how I could incorporate FC support somehow into the ACI infrastructure? If I were to use the Nexus 5672UP in this ACI environment, how is that going to work in terms of integration?

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Reply 1

mmacdonald70
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if it's too late, but my understanding is that the 9k and ACI do not support FC or FCoE (or unified ports).

If your proposal also includes servers, I would include UCS.  That way, your servers would talk to the Fabric interconnects with FCoE, and the Fabric interconnects could have unified ports.  They could speak either FC or FCoE to your storage network.

I don't know any storage guys who would be okay with running storage over ACI or any fabric like it.  They are pretty specific about their requirements for completely separate A and B storage networks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License