Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus N9K-C9348GC-FXP in ACI Mode upgrade

network1215
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am bringing up fabric with APIC version 4.1(1l). some of the leaf we received has older code and I would like to upgrade as stand alone switches/leaf before APIC can discover the leafs. Unfortunately My APIC is unable to discover these leaf switches with older code.

current code on APIC: 4.1(1I)

Leaf 1 current code on Leaf (N9K-C9348GC-FXP)

BIOS: version 05.39
kickstart: version 13.2(9f) [build 13.2(9f)]
system: version 13.2(9f) [build 13.2(9f)]
PE: version 3.2(9f)

I am looking for upgrade procedure using the CLI but unable to find it. I mean console into each leaf and move file from USB to switch and upgrade.  

Do I have to upgrade BIOS or other images as well. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My  advise (to make this easier & faster) is discover the Leafs at the version they are.  As long as they are lower than the APIC, shouldn't be any issue.  Once discovered, then you easy do a policy upgrade which will upgrade the bios/fpga/ACI image.

Robert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My  advise (to make this easier & faster) is discover the Leafs at the version they are.  As long as they are lower than the APIC, shouldn't be any issue.  Once discovered, then you easy do a policy upgrade which will upgrade the bios/fpga/ACI image.

Robert

unfortunately,  I am unable to discover the leaf switches via APIC. They are not showing up in controller GUI. That is why I was thinking it is probably IOS version issue. 

Nah, wouldn't be an issue with the Leaf version as to your discovery issue.  Likely a Date/Time and/or Cert issue.  Have you checked these?

Robert

you are write.. I reload my leaf's one more time and than they appeared in APIC.. Now I will use the GUI for the upgrade.

Thanks.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License