Views
Helpful
Replies

One Bridge Domain One Subnet Multiple EPG

rachmatadhie
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i've deployed aci for one of my customer and it is using network centric approach which is one subnet one BD one EPG and its worked like desired. but there is a need that require to configure aci to have one subnet one BD multiple EPG and multiple VLAN. for example i have one subnet called subnet A that associated with one BD called BD A . that BD contain one existing epg called EPG A and this EPG have static port trunking vlan x interface X then i created a new EPG called EPG B associated to BD A and this EPG have static port trunking VLAN Y interface X. this two epg is in the same physical domain , AEP and vlan pool. when i assigned static interface X with trunking vlan Y, the existing endpoint contained in EPG A is cannot communicate to every where including the gateway that reside in aci leaf.

is there anyone who can give me an advice about this issue??

thank you,

Adhie

6 Replies 6

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where is the gateway for EPG-A and EPG-B?

What happens when you only add a the static binding for EPG-B?

Have you ran any span captures on any endpoint in EPG-A after you add the static binding for EPG-B?  One possibly is that there might be a lot of broadcast traffic from endpoints in EPG-B that is causing endpoints in EPG-A to have communication issues, as you know in ACI the BD represents the broadcast domain. 

mr. velasco,

the gateway is in leaf switch for both EPG.
when i bind the static port only to one of those epg it is work normally.

i haven't run any span capture on any endpoint and i think it is not broadcast issue from my endpoint because when i bind the static port only to one of those epg it is work normally.

thankyou

Are both of these EPGs using the same GW or different on the same BD?

when you add the second static binding for EPG-B, can are the endpoints in EPG-A able to reach their GW?

Are there any faults under either EPG?

If endpoints in EPG-A are not able to reach their GW, have you checked the ARP table on these endpoints?

Have you checked the status of this  interface or PC after you add the static binding? 

This two epgs using the same gateway in the same BD

After i added the static interface for epg b the endpoint contained in epg a cannot communicate to anywhere including its gateway

There is no fault in both this two epgs , both health score is 100

I can’t remote neither direct access to my devices in epg a, i can’t remote because i lost my connectivity to them, i cant direct to it because this deployment is for DR and the only way to access it is via remote

the interface that used for static path for this two epg is up nothing down

What sort of device is connected to interface X? Switch or Server? What mode are you using for the Static EPG binding (Trunk, Access - 802.1p, or Access - Untagged)? Can you confirm there are no faults under each EPG? If not, can you post what faults you're seeing?

It is actually esxi server and using trunk interface. There is no fault in both epgs
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License