cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pcTag for contract with L3Out EPG 0.0.0.0/0 as External Subnet for the External EPG

tuanquangnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

When I created an EPG-L3Out Contract (with L3Out having the mentioned config), I tried to show zoning-rule to see if the rules contained pcTag of 15 for L3Out EPG. The pcTag of EPG was 16399

image.png

As per the result of the command (on non-Border Leaf), I could see that in one direction the zoning-rule had the src pcTag of 16399 and dest pcTag of 15 (which was expected)

However, for the reverse traffic, the src pcTag became 16386. I tried looking it up via moquery -c fvAEPg and l3extInstP, but the mentioned L3Out EPG had the pcTag of 32770 and not 16386.

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @tuanquangnguyen 

Can you verify which EPG has that pctag?

apic1# moquery -c fvAEPg -f 'fv.AEPg.pcTag=="16386"'

Cheers,

Sergiu

Hi Sergiu,

I checked the pcTag for both fvAEPg and l3extInstP but it didn't match to any of the EPG.

I read this doc and it seems like OSPF L3Out does use a VRF-scoped pcTag, so the mentioned pcTag might be of this case: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-apic/215016-overlapping-subnets-on-l3outs-in-cisco-a.html

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License