Views
Helpful
Replies

Port stuck in Discoverying (APIC)

ekman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have an APIC which is attached to 2 different leaves (leaf-1 & leaf-2), on leaf-1 the port I attach my APIC to is stuck in the "Discoverying phase" while the second port is fully functional in leaf 2.

I read somewhere where it had to do with timesync, I have verified that the clock in the APIC and in leaf-1 are synchronized using the same NTP source. I have also done a "full clean" reboot of the leaf (running the setup script in the leaf before reboot).

Have I missed some configuration? If I inspect the port in the Inventory GUI I can see I have a link up event, but when I check the APIC interface in the System -> Controllers -> APIC -> Interface the link says its down.

I have done a manual inspection, check if I have a missmatch in SFPs but I cannot see any physical or logical errors.

Anyone else that have witnessed this sort of issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

seems like the issue is with local port on the APIC, there is no specific config required to enable redundant link, this works in active/standby bond. could be a bad port, I would try to replace the VIC.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @ekman 

What  model of APIC do you have and which interfaces on the VIC card are you using?

Gaurav Gambhir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you swap the connections towards the leafs, meaning connect first port to leaf2 and 2nd port to leaf1, does the problem follow the port on APIC or the switch, based on this test you will know if the issue is on the APIC side or switch side.

Hello Gaurav,

Pre-Swap:
Leaf-1 Disconverying
Leaf-2 Functional

Post-Swap:
Leaf-1 Functional
Leaf-2 Discoverying

I forgot to mention that during the initial installation of the APIC we only had 1 fiber connection, and it is now some months past we decided to add redundant fiber to this APIC. Could this be some "issue" regarding the base configuration where we only had 1 active links during our initial setup ? Perhaps some APIC specific setting which we need to implement now when we have added the redundant fiber connection?

seems like the issue is with local port on the APIC, there is no specific config required to enable redundant link, this works in active/standby bond. could be a bad port, I would try to replace the VIC.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License