cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portchannel configuration (PC Interface)

Hello All - Can somebody help the step to manually configure a Port-Channel using GUI in ACI. I dont want to use the Quickstart wizard. Thanks in advance

regards,

RB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kumar.rb@cognizant.com wrote:

Hello Chris - First of all, thanks for excellent articles you publish in RedNectar. It is a good my study material for me nowadays. Also thank you for the response in this thread.

Thank you.

Here where do i configure the Port-Channel number (PC ID) in GUI. Is it automatically created when i add the two or more interfaces in Step 5 ?

Yes - it is automatically created, you have no control over the port-channel number allcocated

thanks & regards ,RB

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi RB,

quick response

1. Create a VLAN Pool (if not done already - static VLANs if not using VMM integration - else Dynamic)
  2. Create a Physical Domain (or a VMM domain) linked to the VLAN pool created in 1.
  3. Create an AAEP - link it to the domain created in 2.
  4. Create a Port-Channel Interface Policy Group. Link it to the AAEP created in 3. You'll add ports later
  5. Create an Interface Profile for the switch the PC connects to. Add the port numbers that are to be used in the Port Channel. Link it to the PC Interface PG created in 4
  6. Create a Leaf Switch Profile of the switch the PC connects to - add the switch ID then link it to the Interface Profile created in 5.

For details regarding naming and a better overview of the whole access policy chain concept, google Cisco ACI Access Policy Chain Tutorial

The top hit is probably the one you want.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hello Chris - First of all, thanks for excellent articles you publish in RedNectar. It is a good my study material for me nowadays. Also thank you for the response in this thread.

Here where do i configure the Port-Channel number (PC ID) in GUI. Is it automatically created when i add the two or more interfaces in Step 5 ?

thanks & regards ,RB

kumar.rb@cognizant.com wrote:

Thank you.

Yes - it is automatically created, you have no control over the port-channel number allcocated

thanks & regards ,RB

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License