cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

provisioning of new physical server in cisco aci fabric

anoop verma
Level 1
Level 1

I want to connect new physical server to our aci infrastructure. 

Please share step by step procedure for the same.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anoop,

I had done a writeup on server on-boarding sometime back, hope that's the type of material you are looking for to start with. Please click on the link below:

Connecting Physical Servers To Cisco ACI Fabric - Simplified!

Let me know if you have any specific query.

Regards,

Jayesh

***Rate all posts that are helpful. Mark it as a solution if that solves your problem, it may help other users who have the same query.***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anoop,

Just follow the proc to deploy Bare-metal servers, with Physical Domain and then Interface configuration:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/white_papers/Cisco-ACI-Initial-Deployment-Cookbook.html#_Toc6840536

Then assign the EPGs to the physical ports prepared in the previous step:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/white_papers/Cisco-ACI-Initial-Deployment-Cookbook.html#_Toc6840557

Remi Astruc

Thanks Remi,

I am new to aci, i will appriciate if you will give me more simple solution for my requirement.

step by step procedure in plan English language.  

Hello,

That is precisely a simple step by step procedure in English and even with screenshots.

An even more simple proc would require to know your switch IDs and design, VPC requirements, Interface IDs, Server network config, App/EPG information, etc... which is difficult here.

Remi Astruc

ok, i will gather all these details and share with you.

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anoop,

I had done a writeup on server on-boarding sometime back, hope that's the type of material you are looking for to start with. Please click on the link below:

Connecting Physical Servers To Cisco ACI Fabric - Simplified!

Let me know if you have any specific query.

Regards,

Jayesh

***Rate all posts that are helpful. Mark it as a solution if that solves your problem, it may help other users who have the same query.***

appreciate your effort. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License